Thursday, February 3, 2011

One Year Anniversary

Today is me and Mere's one year anniversary! One year ago today my sweet puppy came into my life. Some days it feels like it was just yesterday, but other days feel like it has been forever since I have had her. In fact, I can't remember the last time that I woke up without her paws propped up on my chest, tongue licking arm, face, neck, or whatever she can reach.

So in honor of our one year anniversary (ok, I may be lame, but bear with me), I thought I would write about all of the things that I LOVE about my dog. She really is like my child at this point in my life, giving me unconditional love and companionship. She actually got me through a pretty tough time in my life when I had all but given up on my dreams of being a teacher and hope of doing anything productive in my life. She was there with me through a rough break up. She was there with me through the transition from college to back home to grad school, and she will continue to be there for me for many years to come.

~ I love how excited she gets when I come home (with like her entire body shaking as her tail wags back and forth)
~ I love her sweet puppy kisses (she will always be a puppy to me!)
~ I love how she curls up into a ball to go to sleep
~ I love how she wakes me up in the morning, by pouncing and licking me until I wake up
~ I love how I can depend on her to really wake me up in the morning when the alarm on my phone isnt enough incentive!
~ I love how she brings out every.single.one of her toys when she wants to play with me. It's like she cant decide what she wants to play with and is so excited that its all just too much!
~ I love how gentle she is with kiddos
~ I love how playful and fiesty she is
~ I love how sociable she is with other dogs and humans
~ I love how everyone falls in love with her and think that I have a super awesome dog!
~ I love how eager she is to go for walks with me
~ I love how she makes sure that I go to bed on time, and if I don't she will nag me until I do. She knows when it is bedtime!
~ I love how good of a cuddler she is
~ I love all of her weird mannerisms
~ I love that she has a pretty sit and a regular sit. Her pretty sit is for when she is trying to get something out of me!

I'm pretty sure there are more, but that would just be overkill haha. So, I promise I will stop now and leave you with this fierce looking (crappy phone) picture of Meredith playing with her friend Maggie. I promise Meredith isn't really a killer dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment