Saturday, September 18, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week 6, Day 1

I didnt get to post this morning after my run, but this morning I completed week 6, day 1 of the Couch to 5k Challenge. I have to say that I was surprised at how had it seemed to complete my run, especially after my victory over the 20 minute run earlier this week. I managed to complete the run, but I am not sure if my heart just wasn't in it today or if today was just particularly challenging for some other reason. Today's run was 5 minute warm up, 5 minute run, 3 minute walk, 8 minute run, 3 minute walk, 5 minute run, 5 minute recovery. It was less time running overall than my last run, but I just seemed to struggle.

However, today I did enjoy a nice breeze while I was running that made it all that much more enjoyable. Hopefully my next run will go a little easier... 2 10 minute runs with a 3 minute break in between. After that run, there are no more intervals left and its solid 25-30 minute runs from here on out! I have also found a program for after I finish the Couch to 5k program called Bridge to 10k so I am thinking about using that program to get my mileage up there and push me closer to my (long term) goal of a half marathon.... (I WILL have one of those 13.1 stickers on my car!!!!)

Estimated 18 miles on my shoes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment