Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11


My Aunt shared this video on her blog today in remembrance of those who lost their lives on that day nine years ago. Nine years ago, I was in my 8th grade Algebra class when I heard the news. My teacher decided to share the news with us, but we weren't allowed to watch any of the news coverage as some of the other classes were. I remember being saddened by the thought of what was happening, but I don't think I fully grasped the enormity of the events that were unfolding. As I watched this video today, my heart just broke. I am realizing more and more with each passing day how precious life is and how it is typically taken advantage of. Your life can be taken away from you without any notice, and you would never have the chance to tell someone that you are sorry or that you love them. How often do we hold grudges for stupid things just because we are obstinate humans? How often do we go to bed angry instead of making amends and moving on? How often do we neglect to tell those we love how we feel? Take full advantage of each blessing you are granted, and remember to thank the one that gave you those blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment