Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week 5, Day 1

Say what? Hilary was up before the sun? And she was doing WHAT?!?! That's right! This morning I got up at 6 AM to do my couch to 5k for the day! I knew I had to work this morning (hence this will be a super quick post) and I am going to church tonight, so I only had one option- get up super duper early, because not doing it is NOT an option anymore! I even had a blister on my heel from those blasted heels I wore to my internship yesterday and I STILL ran! Go me, Go me! Now I know that hardcore runners do this shenanigans all the time, but I think of myself as a baby runner, and any perceived obstacle could still get in my way.

The run this morning wasnt as bad as I thought, 3 5 minute runs? I thought that it would be hard, but I am guessing that this whole new running shoe thing is making a bigger difference than I thought. Now my next run, on the other hand, is going to be intimidating. We are looking at I think 2 8 minute runs and something else worth of a run, I am not sure and I don't really have time to check right now. So have a great day everyone! I will check in later!

No comments:

Post a Comment