Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Internship Day 1

I went to the high school for the first day of my "Senior 1" internship today and I have to say, I think this will be an interesting challenge- completely in a good way. My clinical teacher seems very nice and I am excited to work with her. I think this time will almost most definitely be better than the last. The challenging part will come in with the students who are all low-level freshman. The good thing is that I will get to know most of my students this semester through observation and be able to teach them next semester when I know their personalities. I will have two periods of students that I get to do this with, so next semester I will only have to get to know one period of students. I do need to go ahead and start researching though, I already know I will have a challenge with teaching them writing so I need to research effective strategies. Thankfully I am in a Teaching Writing course this semester at ECU and I think that this will help greatly. So all my worries are gone for now and I will soon be able to start diving in!

No comments:

Post a Comment