Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week 5, Day 3

Today I feel very, very accomplished. I did something today that I have never been able to do in my life, I ran for 20 minutes NON STOP! It was amazing. The mere idea of doing this was very daunting and it seemed like I wasn't going to be able to make it through, but I did! The last five minutes I had to keep telling myself "just keep putting one foot in front of the other" and that was how I managed to get through it. It was hot, Meredith got wore out (she is currently passed out in the middle of my floor, unmoving even when I go in and out of the room- VERY unusual), but I feel fantastic now. I have three weeks left in the program, and I KNOW that I can finish it now.

I am actually very excited because I considering entering my very first race, the Neuse River Bridge Run. They have a half-marathon, a 10k, and a 5k. I, of course, will be entering the 5k portion. It is on October 16th, so I have 4.5 weeks left to get my butt ready to run run run! I think this is a totally achievable goal and I am feeling very good about this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment