Thursday, September 23, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week 6, Day 3

I ran for 25 minutes straight today! When my run first started this morning, I thought that it would be impossible. Today was the first day that I kept incessantly checking the time on the C25k app, seeing how much time I would have left of this torture. For the first 15 minutes or so my calves hurt... a lot! Then just about the time that my calves worked through the pain, my feet turned into lead balls. I felt like I was running on stumps and that I had no more feet left. It was a very weird sensation, but I pushed through. I am not sure what happened, but when I only had about two minutes left in my run, I just cut loose. I ran- hard! Even with the heat, my extremely dry mouth, and my feet feeling all kinds of crazy, I just pushed myself.

I felt like a real bonafide runner today, it was amazing. My uncle was talking about how a 5k would seem like a warm up to me later and I thought to myself "how could THIS feel like a warm up, this is pure torture that I am invoking on myself" but sure enough, it finally clicked. I probably would have run longer had my feet actually felt like real feet, but I thought it would be best to get my feet back to feeling normal again before pushing it. I probably looked a TAD ridiculous when I finished because I threw my hands up in the air and I yelled excitedly for my accomplishment. I am ok with looking ridiculous if it means that I have accomplished something big. I even made Meredith sit and give me a high five when I was done :) I know for sure now that I can do this, I AM signing up for that 5k on October 16th! I WILL run a half marathon someday in the future and get that little 13.1 sticker for my car. I WILL be a runner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment