Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day and Couch to 5k: Week 4, Day 3

What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day it has been! Actually, its been a pretty wonderful weekend all around to be honest. I didn't go to class on Thursday night because I was afraid of the "hurricane," what a laugh! It barely did anything and now I kind of feel bad for not going to class, but since I had an hour plus to drive each way, I suppose that it is always better to be safe than sorry (as the saying goes).
Friday, I spent the day running errands. I watched Jon in the morning, then I went to the DMV (oh the horror!) with my Dad so we could get my car in my name (yay Graduation present!). The trip to the DMV led to the need to go and get my car inspected and another trip the DMV because they wouldn't give me a license plate because I didn't have a current (read, within the last 90 days) inspection on the car and there was NO WAY that I was driving around all of labor day weekend with no license plate on my car. I got stopped literally within 5 minutes of leaving the DMV the first time. No joke. I also managed to squeeze some time in to get to footlocker and get some sweet new running shoes. They are Brooks, if that means anything? That night I watched Where the Red Fern Grows with my grandparents. Meredith watched it with us. so.stinkin.cute! She actually WATCHED the movie and was cocking her head from side to side when the dogs were barking.
Saturday I spent the day helping Cassandra move to her new house (adorable, btw!) and Meredith had a play date with Penny. She was pretty wore out when we got home and basically went to bed soon after we got home. Sunday I got a lot accomplished. I worked in the morning at a church nursery and then I came home and cleaned my room! I have been trying to figure out what to do with the 20+ books that I have for this semester so I had to do some re-arranging on my bookshelves. I also rearranged my desk, did a ton of laundry, and cleaned the sheets on my bed. Whew!
Today was gorgeous weather. Uncle Dave made breakfast and I spent a good chunk of the morning outside doing some homework. Mere and I took a lovely nap this afternoon and then completed Couch to 5k: Week 4, Day 3.
The run went surprisingly well. It was the inauguration of my new running shoes, which I could immediately tell a difference with. My shins were not the least bit sore today and my calves only tightened up towards the end. Meredith was a much better running partner today than she has been in the past, with the exception of the need to run after cars that pass us and nearly getting hit by cars. I actually had a much better pace today and I think that I did about three miles overall from warm up to cool down. I hope that I keep improving and sticking with this. It has taken me much longer than it should have as I haven't been very consistent with it. I should be within 2 weeks of finishing it by now and I actually have 5 left now. I think the running shoes will help and I think I need to set a consistent time to get up on those days of the week to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment