Thursday, September 2, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week 4, Day 2

Even though it looked like the sky was about to fall out on me this morning, I went for my run today. I took Meredith with me because she gets so darn excited when I get her leash out, it really is very hard to resist. I mean here she is, bouncing all around like a mexican jumping bean, and who am I to deny that kind of excitement? Today's run was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying that it was easy by any stretch of the imagination, but I didn't have as hard of a time with it as I had anticipated after not running for a week and a half. I only had to stop during my run once, and that was due to Meredith, not because of my inability to run for that long. I think what I am going to have to do is really start walking/running every day and taking Meredith on my non-C25k times, because when I am trying to meet certain goals, I need to be able to do them without the added annoyance of trying to keep her out from under my feet.

The one thing that I really did notice today is that I desperately need new running shoes and that is my top priority this weekend. The inside padding in my shoes has been rubbed away and I have rubbed the side of one of my toes raw (even though I was wearing socks... odd). I also think I need to get at least one more sports bra and a couple of pairs of running pants/shorts that are meant for running so I am not worried about my shorts riding up all the time.

In other news, you can definitely tell that hurricane Earl is making his way in. The river is super choppy, the winds are picking up, and the clouds look like they will pour down any minute! Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment