Monday, September 20, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week 6, Day 2

Today I finished with the interval training! From here on out, it will be solid 25-30 minute runs and I am not so sure how I feel about that! Pretty soon you will stop getting my ridiculous couch to 5k updates, and I am sure you will be thankful for that. My purpose in writing every day after my run is so that I can keep a record of how it felt after each run (so that I can later encourage others or encourage myself when I start another training program), not because I think that my running updates are all that fascinating and compelling to read!

This morning I went out for an early run (and of course Meredith came with me). We went out before either of us had any breakfast and I was HUNGRY by the time I finished! The schedule for today's run was 5 minute warm up, 10 minute run, 3 minute recovery, 10 minute run, and a 5 minute cool down. Today's run was not as bad as Saturdays in that it wasnt quite as hard, but my calves were really hurting at the end of the first run (about five minutes in) and at the end of the second run (again, about five minutes in).

The frustrating thing is that I am not seeing a whole lot of difference in my weight, and that was definitely something I was looking forward to. Even with the new medicine the doctor put me on, and my efforts in eating right (but I can admittedly do better here), and the increased exercise, I am not dropping the weight as I would have hoped to have done. I am hoping that as I get into this new phase of the program where I am doing prolonged runs, actually running in a 5k race, and then starting the Bridge to 10k program that I will see those results! On the plus side though, I am noticing that even though I am not DROPPING weight like I would like to, I am definitely toning up and that is evidenced mainly in my legs and thighs, but I think to some degree in my core as well. I can feel muscle definition in my lower thighs and I love it :)

26 days till my first 5k, and an estimated 21 miles on my shoes....

No comments:

Post a Comment