Wednesday, July 13, 2011

New job, things to do...

I am getting more and more excited about my new job :) Right now, the school is setting up a meeting between me and teachers at the "sister" school to go over curriculum for the classes that I will be teaching. I am so ready to get started, and I cannot believe that in about three weeks I will be TEACHING in my OWN classroom! I am going out to lunch with some of the faculty members on Friday, and I am so excited!

Between now and when I start work, I have several things that I would like to accomplish!
* Catch up on my project 52. I am going to just take a morning and go and knock out the different pictures to get back on track with this project.
* Get things together for my new apartment. I am officially moving out sometime in October. I am either living with my sister or by myself, depending on her life and what she has going on. I am planning on things as if I am moving out by myself. I am slowly purchasing things for my new place (such as the new towels, cookware, glasses, and such that I bought today) and putting them away. Some work needs to be done to some of my furniture including my kitchen table. Currently, the table is this horrible shade of green that is peeling and revealing an ugly gold color underneath. I want to strip the table (and chairs), paint it a new, fresh color, and fix up the chairs. Fixing up the chairs would mean that I need to find some padding and fabric to reupholster the chairs with. Such an exciting project! Some work may also need to be done to my bed as well, I will have to check on the condition of it.
* Do a deep clean and organize of my current room.
* Go to the beach
* Do something fun and spontaneous. I need to enjoy myself a little before going to work full time because it will be next summer before I can have some leisure time again! I am sure I will love my new job, but I have to enjoy myself a little before taking the plunge into the adult working world!

No comments:

Post a Comment