With that being said, this will be my very first all on my own place. No roommates, just me and my dog. I am very excited and have been bitten by the design bug and I can't wait to start designing my own place! Expect many posts in the coming days/weeks while I hash out my design ideas as I begin pulling together things that I will use to make whatever space I move into my very own.
I think what started all of this off was my Aunt and I talking about furnishings for my apartment. The apartment complexes that I am looking at are unfurnished and therefore, Hilary needs furniture.
So far, in my possession I currently have:
* canvas drawer set
* 2 mini bookshelves
* a black lounge chair
* a hope chest
* a vanity table
* a tv stand for the bedroom
and I can get an old table and chairs that my family used as I grew up for the dining room
My aunt has offered up
* a coffee table
* a table my grandpa used as HE was growing up (for a desk)
* a shelving unit to go on top of the table for organization for my desk
My grandparents are going to let me use
* a wingback chair my grandma bought and then decided against putting work into it
* my great-grandmother's old bed
While it all will be mis-matched, I am sure it will all pull together in the end. I am currently putting together a list of things I will still need. Subsequent design posts to follow!!!!!