Saturday, May 22, 2010

Update on a mundane life...

This last week or so has been pretty low-key, with not a whole lot to actually report. Who knew that this would be what life post-grad would be? I feel like I am in a complete stand-still at the moment because I have no definite plans and it is about to drive me insane! I didn't want to put too much effort into a job search because I have no idea where I will be or what my schedule will look like a month from now! I still have yet to hear from the MAT program at ECU. I know that the woman in charge of my application is in fact back in the office, but she was gone for two weeks and is probably playing a lot of catch-up right about now. I have decided if I don't hear something by next Tuesday (a week of her being back in the office), then I will call or email her. I feel like my whole life is in limbo right now, and that is not a very good feeling.

On the bright side, I have had a lot of time to relax and do what I want! I have watched the boys for my Aunt a couple of times, settled into my room at my grandparent's, hung out with Travis a few times, spent some time with the family, and spent a lot of time playing with my sweet Meredith. I am a little concerned about her right now because she seems to be losing an awful lot of fur (which I know is typical in the summer time) and getting all sorts of balding spots on her chest, behind her ears, on her sides, and on her hindquarters. I think she is stressed out with all of the changes in her life (spaying, moving, indoor dog to mostly outdoor dog, etc) but I don't know how to help her :( I am just trying to give her lots of love and attention to help soothe her a bit and hope for the best. If it doesn't get better soon, I will probably bring her to the vet.

All in all, that is about it. I can't really move forward with my life until I figure this grad school stuff out, and I am not one to really enjoy the whole not-knowing aspect of life. I like to have a plan. I hope that things work out for this program, but if not... let the big-girl job search commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment