Friday, June 11, 2010

More updates

So I have been a little MIA this week because there has been so much going on. First and foremost, I am sick. I hate being sick. My nose is stuffy, my ear is clogged and more than likely infected, and that is never fun. I have also been frantically getting paperwork ready and together for ECU (financial aid and the like).

On top of all of THAT, I have been trying to tackle some major life decisions about moving versus commuting to ECU, if I do move what is the best option for me, and trying to be very adult about the entire thing. This decision can't just be about what I want to do, but what is the best option all around (in the way of cost, energy consumption, feasibility, and the like). It would of course, be more cost effective to live at my Grandparent's house and commute. Yes, it would add an astronomical amount of miles on to my car, but my car is old, so does that really matter? No, I wouldn't be able to have a job that is really worth mentioning because I would be spending so much time commuting, but if I am not spending so much to live, is that really an issue? Plus, I have absolutely no idea in what county my internship will actually be in and would hate to sign a lease in Pitt county and then end up doing an internship at Carteret County and be faced with a huge commute anyway. Oh the joys of being an adult.

Lastly, my baby sister graduated from high school tonight. Boy do I feel old! Being back in my old high school and realizing that neither the bathrooms nor the smell of that place had changed brought back all sorts of memories, yet all of that feels like a lifetime ago. I didnt cry at my own high school graduation and when my baby sister walked in to her ceremony, I cried like a little baby. I am getting soft in my old age!

Overall, that has been what is going on. More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment