Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A new long-term goal for myself

While on my nightly walk the other night with Mere Bear, I decided that I needed a new long-term goal for myself. I have set very few long-term goals other than the generic graduate from high school, college, etc. and I think that my life could use something that I am working towards long-term. So since I was on a long walk, it just seemed natural to decide that my new long-term goal would be that I am going to train myself for a half-marathon. What half-marathon? No idea. When? Even less of an idea. All I know is that I want to run a half marathon.

Now for anyone who knows me knows that I am not a runner. I am barely a walker... hence, the long-term goal. I think I would feel such a sense of accomplishment if I could actually do this, and it would definitely be a help to my quest to live a healthier lifestyle. I have recently been taking Mere on pretty long walks (for us anyway) of a couple of miles each and I think that in time, I can expand these walks into really long walks and eventually incorporate some running. I definitely need to build up my lung capacity because it is fairly pathetic at this point.

Stay tuned to see how this turns out :)

Today's walk: 3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment