Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Couch to 5k- Week 1:Day 3

Today's run was BRUTAL. I thought that these runs would continue to get a little easier...and that was wishful thinking! My calves have never hurt so bad, and it got worse during my first couple of runs. I thought for sure my calves were going to burst wide open. Today, it was hot... very very hot. I decided to go ahead and run because it was only about 82 degrees, but it was way hotter if you factored in the humidity. I am very much looking forward to a two day hiatus between weeks.

Meredith joined me again today and it was a lot easier to manage her since she had a leash on her this time. I wasn't so worried about her getting run over, and that is definitely a good thing.

Week 2 is not going to be so much fun:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment