Friday, July 16, 2010

I'm going to do it....

I found this really cool program called Couch to 5k and I am going to do it! I think it will help me along with my (long term) goal of running a half marathon one day. The program is a nine week program and by the end of it, I SHOULD be able to run 3 miles, which is a LOT more than I can do right now. If I can do this 3 miles, then I will be a quarter of the way to my long term goal... not too shabby. If I start this week, I should be done with the couch t0 5k by the middle of September. If I can make that benchmark, I would like to try to be at 6 miles at the end of the year.

This will be my workout routine for the next week. I will need to do this 3 times in the next week...

* Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment