Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tonsillectomy recovery

I had my tonsillectomy on Monday and I was pretty nervous going into it. I have never had any sort of procedure/surgery before and I didn't really know what to expect. My Mom took me in and my Grandma was there prior to and during the procedure to keep my Mom company.
All I remember was being taken into the operating room and being told to take 2.5 breaths of the anesthesia. I took 2.5 more breaths and thought "well that didn't work out..." and that was it until I was in the recovery room! I was in the recovery room for a little over an hour and then sent home.
I actually havent felt as bad and run down as I thought that I would. Monday night I managed to eat some ramen for dinner, but slept for most of the afternoon. Monday night wasn't very fun because I woke up every 1-1.5 hours to hydrate or pop some medicine in me. Yesterday I felt very nauseous and lightheaded all day long. I took several naps and just tried to rest as much as possible. Last night I didn't wake up quite as often as I had on Monday night. I just hope to continue getting better! My tonsils look pretty disgusting I am not going to lie, but overall it hasn't been as bad as I had feared! I will keep updating on my progress until I am all better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment