Saturday, January 1, 2011

What a way to start the new year!

Happy 2011!

I am excited to start what is sure to be a fantastic year; however, it isnt going to start out so fantastic. Last night I had to babysit so there were no fun bringing in the new year festivities for me and Monday I am having surgery! Monday I am having my tonsils taken out and I have heard a LOT of horror stories about adults having a hard time recovering from this. I am pretty nervous because the TYPICAL recovery period is 7-10 days with some people reporting trouble eating/talking/etc for several weeks. I have done a ton of research though and I think I have found some good tips on how to help along the recovery process. I went to the store yesterday and got completely prepared for post-op with children's tylenol (liquid), pudding, applesauce, apple juice, gatorade, popsicles, chicken broth, beef broth, jello, ramen noodles, and gum. Apparently I am going to have to wake up every hour to hydrate my throat and keep a humidifier on while I am sleeping so the area doesnt dry out. I have heard the key to this thing is to shoot for about 100 oz of water a day and just keep the wounds moist so the scabs are thin.

But on the bright side, 2011 will bring:
* a new internship with a wonderful mentor teacher.
* the completion of my masters
* a new (big girl) job (hopefully)
... and endless possibilities.

I have a few hopes for the new year, not necessarily new resolutions, but things I hope to accomplish
* get healthier (more fit)- hoping to get on the road to losing at least 40 lbs
* read more (for pleasure)
* develop my photography skills more
and there are some other, more personal things I will be working on as well.

Hope the new year brings you great joy and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment