Monday, August 2, 2010

Couch to 5k- Week 2:Day 2

I just completed W2D2! I am finding the running parts get easier and easier as I go through the program; however, my calves are getting worse. If I could figure out what the heck was going on with my calves and a way of fixing it, I think I would be doing a LOT better with the program. I am running all of my runs by today's run 3 was absolutely pitiful. I am not even sure if I could call it running it was so pathetic. My calves were so tight and hurt so bad it was all I could do to keep my legs moving. I don't have issues with my breathing, which was what I used to have problems with, so now if I could solve this calf mystery all will be right in the running world.

I also had something weird happen in my 6th run today, my right foot (and then my left foot) got extremely tingly. It was like the kind of tingly that you get when you sit indian style and your foot looses blood supply. Is this normal? I guess I will have to do some research to that effect and find out!


** after reading up on my calf pain, I have found out a few things
- I need to be hydrating more, both BEFORE and AFTER my run
- I need to be stretching more, both BEFORE and AFTER my run
- I probably should be taking some sort of multi vitamin
- icing will help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment