Friday, August 13, 2010

Couch to 5k- Week3: Day 2

So my Aunt asked me to watch the boys this morning so that she could go to the doctor, and of course, I agreed. I knew that if I didn't set my alarm to go for my run this morning, there was no way that I was going to go tonight. Its still cool enough to run, cool being a relative term of course, in the wee hours in the morning, but it doesn't cool down fast enough while it is still light enough to run in the evening. So I woke up, got all ready to go for my run, and went to turn on my ipod and it was d.e.a.d. I can't do my run without my ipod, not for the music's sake, but because my ipod also serves as my timer for when to run and when to walk. I don't have a watch or other timing instrument, so my ipod is pretty vital to this whole process. Luckily, I woke up an hour before I had to watch the boys so that I could have some "cool down" time after my run (instead of the 35 minutes before like I had planned last night- 5 minutes to get ready, 30 minutes to run) so I could charge my ipod for a few minutes before heading out.

It was very humid this morning. By the end of my first three minute run, I was dripping with both sweat and humidity- more humidity than sweat because there was no way that I was sweating THAT hard after a 90 second run and a 3 minute run. During the first 3 min run, I really found my stride. I found out it was easier for me to run "all out" than my wimpy feet shuffling that I had been doing. I guess I was afraid that if I ran all out, I wouldn't be able to doing for a very sustainable length of time. I still don't know if that's true because all I am running right now is 3 minute increments, but we will see as I continue through this program I guess.

Anyways, sorry for the long post I guess I just feel chatty this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment