Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Couch to 5k- Week3: Day 3

This morning I did actually make myself get up and run! It was hot, and very humid, but I did it. I felt bad because it really seemed like Meredith wanted to go with me, so I did bring her along, but I don't think she will be joining any more of my future C25k runs. She is just so darn curious about everything around her, and I love that, but I don't love having to jerk her away from whatever it is she is exploring so that I can keep going. I am doing this program for me, and I need to be able to do it to where I am satisfied with myself and the progress that I have made. In all honesty, she just slows me down and is more of a burden. What I really need to do is take up our long 2-3 mile walks again and let her explore during that time. I know I said I was going to do this, but I have yet to do so.

I decided after this morning's run that I am going to do the week 3 schedule tomorrow and Friday and start week 4 on Saturday. I need to get more comfortable with these 3 minute runs before I attempt to tackle two 5 minute runs (in addition to two 3 minute runs). So keep me accountable, expect updates about things both tomorrow and Friday for a continuation of week 3 and then on Saturday for the beginning of week 4.

On the bright side, I will be getting new running shoes soon! I want the Reebok Runtones. I have been eying the Reebok easytones, but I don't really wear sneakers around everyday, so I think the runtones will be nice to have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment