Tuesday, August 3, 2010

/start rant

So today I have been in a weird funk. I went about my day as normal- I took the boys to swim lessons, relaxed a little, got my new glasses, watched Jon, went and got my computer fixed...etc etc etc.

But in between all of that I have been doing a lot of thinking. I am not at all where I thought I would be at this point in my life. I would have never in a million years thought that I would move home for an undetermined amount of time. Don't get me wrong, I love my family. I love being around my family, but I find it hard to feel like this is where I should be right now when I have so many friends going off on so many different, exciting adventures. New apartments, fabulous internships, jobs in foreign countries, picking up their lives and moving them somewhere unfamiliar. And here I sit, back home.

I do feel like this program that I am in at ECU is the best one for me. I think next June I will be very fortunate to have earned not only a teaching license but also a master's degree in a single year. I will be grateful that I came home and leaned on family for a little support to get me through this phase in my life, but I can't help being just a little bit jealous.

I totally get that I am only 21 and my time will come to get the cute apartment, have the fabulous social life, find that wonderful guy- but it would be nice to have some of that right now. I have virtually no social life right now. All my girl friends are in Raleigh, where I wish that I was. All of my friends from "back home" are still a good 45 minutes away from where I currently reside. And all of my new friends and a good hour away in Greenville. It's like I am stuck between worlds with no hope for an escape.

I fully realize this was a "woe is me" post, but a girl has to vent sometimes.
/rant

No comments:

Post a Comment